This section provides a list of the many books written about the Oak Island treasure hunt and includes a few details about each one. From pirate booty to The Holy Grail, these books cover a wide variety of theories and possibilities.
If you have a book to add to this list, please let us know!
- Rambles Among the Bluenoses by A.L. Spedon. Printed 1863.
- The Book of Buried Treasure by Ralph D. Paine. Printed 1911.
- Folklore of Nova Scotia by Mary L. Fraser. Printed 1928.
- Lost Treasure - True Tales of Hidden Hoards by Alpheus H. Verrill. Printed 1930.
- Doubloons by Charles B. Driscoll. Printed 1930.
- They Found Gold by Alpheus H. Verrill. Printed 1936.
- Captain Kid and His Skeleton Island by Harold T. Wilkins. Printed 1937.
- Brothers of Doom by Birney Hoffman. Printed 1942.
- Mysteries and Adventures Along The Atlantic Coast by E.R. Snow. Printed 1948.
- Folklore of Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia by Helen Creighton. Printed 1950.
- This is Nova Scotia by Will R. Bird. Printed 1950.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt: The Apprenticeship by Frank Freidel. Printed 1952.
- The Oak Island Enigma by Thomas P. Leary. Printed 1953.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt: The Ordeal by Frank Freidel. Printed 1954.
- Bluenose Ghosts by Helen Creighton. Printed 1957.
- Dig For Pirate Treasure by Robert Nesmith. Printed 1958.
- These Are The Maritimes by Will R. Bird. Printed 1959.
- Bluenose Magic by Helen Creighton. Printed 1968.
- This Baffling World by John Godwin. Printed 1968.
- The Money Pit Mystery by Rupert Furneaux. Printed 1972.
- Ghosts in Nova Scotia by George Young. Printed 1977.
- Treasure by Robert Daley. Printed 1977.
- The Money Pit by Darcy O'Connor. Printed 1978.
- Oak Island by Millie Evans & Eric Mullen. Printed 1984.
- Oak Island and Its Lost Treasure by Graham Harris and Les McPhie. Printed 1999
- The Lost Treasure of the Knights Templar: Solving the Oak Island Mystery by Steven Sora. Printed 1999.
- Oak Island Obsession: The Restall Story by Lee Lamb. Printed 2006.
- Oak Island and the Search for Buried Treasure by Joann Hamilton-Barry. Printed 2015.
- The Oak Island Mystery Solved by Joy A. Steele. Printed 2015